George Duran’s Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies
2 cups frozen raspberries, thawed
1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
½ cup sugar
3 eggs, divided
2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 (18- to 20-oz.) package brownie mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly grease a 13×9-in. cake pan.
2. Put the raspberries into a blender, and puree until smooth. Set a mesh strainer over a bowl, and pour the liquefied raspberries into it. Use a plastic spatula to press the juice through the sieve, leaving the seeds behind. Measure out 1/3 cup raspberry sauce. (Discard remainder, or reserve for another use.)
3. Using a stand or hand mixer, combine the 1/3 cup raspberry sauce with the cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg and flour until completely smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the brownie mix with the oil, 2 eggs and 2 tbsp. water.
5. Pour 2/3 of the brownie mixture evenly into the prepared pan. Top with the raspberry mixture, and spread gently. Add the remaining brownie mixture in dollops. Use a chopstick or a knife to make swirls throughout the batter. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the brownies are cooked through. Let cool, then cut into squares.
Makes: 16 to 20 brownies
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes