Work Out Like Sarah Hyland with This Exclusive Fitness Routine Created by Her Trainer
“There’s a certain component because she’s on camera that she wants to look good and be firm, but she really is not afraid to lift weights and to be strong,” Landers tells PEOPLE. “She loves being strong and getting stronger.”
Hyland’s training sessions are full body workouts that combine strength training and cardio intervals.
“I have dozens of exercises that I toss in and out of it to keep her from getting bored, and work things in different planes of motion,” says Landers. “Sarah is very dedicated. She really enjoys working out and pushing herself.”
Want to work out like Hyland? Landers breaks down a sample workout routine to get you toned and lean:
1. Incline dumbbell chest press: 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps using 17.5-lb. dumbbells
2. Seated machine row: 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps at 60 lbs.
3. Kettle bell deadlift: 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps using 44-lb. kettle bell
4. Cable tricep pushdowns: 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps at 25 lbs.
5. Stir the pot: 3 sets of 15 to 20 reps per side
In between each exercise, Hyland does 2 minutes on a Stepmill for the cardio interval.
—Gabrielle Olya, @GabyOlya