WATCH: This Salted Caramel Popcorn Recipe Wins Snack Time. Period.
Salted Caramel Popcorn
12 cups popcorn (or ½ cup popcorn kernels, popped)
1 cup salted butter
1 cup light brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
½ tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 cup salted roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Place the popcorn in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Mix in the sugar, maple syrup and 1 tsp. salt. Once combined, increase the heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a boil then lower the heat to medium. Boil for 3-4 minutes without stirring.
3. Add baking soda and vanilla to the caramel mixture, stirring until you have a thick, glossy sauce.
4. Slowly pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn, while constantly stirring the popcorn. Add the nuts , and continue to stir the popcorn until well coated.
5. Divide the popcorn between 2 baking sheets and sprinkle the remaining ½ tsp. salt on top.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven and allow popcorn to cool completely.