Kristin Cavallari Reveals How She Got Her Body Back After Baby

05/11/2016 at 05:42 PM ET

Kristin CavallariTorrey West

After having baby number three in November, Kristin Cavallari has had a laid-back approach when it comes to dropping her pregnancy weight.

“I don’t put pressure on myself [to lose the baby weight],” Cavallari, 29, told PEOPLE while celebrating the re-launch of her Emerald Duv jewelry line in West Hollywood on Tuesday. “And Jay [Cutler], my husband, is so supportive and so great about the whole thing that he always makes me feel comfortable in my own skin.”

Because she’s already gone through the process of gaining and losing baby weight twice before, the former reality star says she is more relaxed this time around.

“I’ve never been like, ‘I have to get back in shape, I need to do this.’ I’m just like, ‘You know what, it will happen when it happens,’ ” she says. “I still have a fat roll that hangs over my jeans. I’m okay with it. Because it is my third time, I know that eventually it does come off, and so I’m not stressing about it.”

That doesn’t mean she’s slacking off when it comes to working out – and it shows. The jewelry designer showed off her svelte figure at her tea party celebration less than six months after giving birth.

“I get my ass kicked by a trainer four days a week,” says Cavallari. “He’s so hard on me! I swear the entire hour I basically want to cry, but it’s worth it.”

RELATED VIDEO: It’s Mommy Time! Celeb Moms Share How They Take Care of Themselves

The author’s workouts consist of circuit training, which combines weight lifting with a cardio component.

“I’m lifting heavy weights!” she says. “There are some times I don’t know if I’ll be able to do it, and he pushes me, and even if it’s four reps I do it. I’ve been working out really hard.”

She also sticks to a healthy diet “for the most part.”

“I definitely have a huge sweet tooth,” admits Cavallari. “I eat healthy 80 percent of the time, and the other 20 percent I indulge and eat whatever I want and I have fun. That way I’m able to want to get back on track. It keeps me sane.”

Cavallari also credits breastfeeding with helping her bounce back so quickly.

“Breastfeeding helps,” she says. “It’s sort of everything. Everything contributes.”

Gabrielle Olya, @GabyOlya

Share this story:

Your reaction:

Add A Comment

PEOPLE.com reserves the right to remove comments at their discretion.

Showing 12 comments

Babs on

Another obnoxious braindead celeb.

Heather on

I’m pretty sure it’s not a “fat roll” Probably a little loose skin. If she only knew what real fat rolls looked and felt like.

Kate on

I’m not a big Kristin Cavallari fan, but at least she’s honest. She has a trainer, she eats well, and she breastfeeds. That would just about do it for losing the weight for any mama, really. Just need the time and resources. Of which she has both. No need to hate on her. She isn’t pretending it came for free.

Allie on

Where’s the picture of the fat roll?

Brooke on

I try to say this with kindness….but screw you Kristin…

You are not plus size. You are a bone. To say that you have a fat roll is beyond insulting

Enough on

America’s obsession with weight contnirues. It’s mind numbing and disturbing.

Anonymous on

Really?

Anonymous on

Really? So not in the mood for this crap fest.

Guest 3 on

Well..give the gal credit. She isn’t running around taking half-naked ( or 3/4 naked I mean ) selfies trying to keep her name in the limelight like Who*re Kim Kardashian !!! Kim Kardashian professes to be this “awesome ” mom and how could that be, the idiot is never home ! (??)
Kudos to this gal……I think she is doing a great job !

marie on

I so glad she admitted it, now maybe I can get some sleep tonight.

Kathryn on

Honest??? This is a no talent woman who has a dangerous aversion to vaccinating her kids. she is not socially relevant, whining about her “fat” while she potentially subjects your children to preventable life threatening diseases. SMH

annoying on

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a person be so publicly smug for so many years.

From Our Partners

Sign up for our daily newsletter and other special offers.
    Choose your newsletters
Thank you for signing up! Your request may take up to one week to be processed.
    see all newsletters